Happy Friday!!! I hope you are pumped! It’s the mothaf*** weekend I know that I don’t have your typical Monday through Friday job, buuuuut, I still get happy, especially when the weather is beautiful! Yesterday I definitely couldn’t wait till it was over. Even working 3 days in a row for me can be blah. Big. Baby.
Grounding on the Weekends
So yes, I am excited for the weekend. With only working one day, I am free to do what I like, or even love. I can hang out, eat whatever, take a break from work, stay out all night, sleep in, and just enjoy myself. Although, even though I can, I don’t, at least not all at once.
Most people fall off the wagon on the weekends and come Monday, can be a bit harder to get back on. Here are some tips to enjoy yourself while staying grounded.
1. Sleep as you usually would. I’m not saying go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 5 or 6am, but have some sort of disclipine. Try and get the normal amount of sleep you would usually get. Too much sleep actually ends up making you feel like you have less energy. If it’s the weekend, why not make the most out of it and get your day going great. If you stay out till 4am try to be up by 10am even and get some breakfast in that belly!
2. Indulge without being an glutton. On the weekends, I love to go out to eat. Maybe it was the way I was raised where Sunday dinner was a treat, but I love it all the same now. When indulging, I try to indulge in just one meal for the day. Maybe a lunch, dinner, or even Sunday brunch Eat right and light the rest of your day since heavy large portions are usually served when out, so really, it can even be two meals. Maybe even take it home and enjoy for another meal.
3. Go easy on the alcohol. I am the first to admit that I have been known to maybe have too much wine. But, let it be known my goal is never to get drunk or drink the night away. Enjoy yourself how you wish, just keep in mind how you may feel the next day. Try to drink a cup of water for every drink to pace yourself and the alcohol. Also, know where ever you are, it’s a great opportunity to socialize, and you can prob meet the greatest people when you are not focused on that drink in your hand.
4. Try to get a little work done. While it maybe the weekend, try to get something done that is important to you. Even for just an hour or two. Whether it be rearranging your cabinets, cleaning, reading, or school work. Whatever you know will benefit you and your week ahead.
5. Exersice. Just because it’s the weekend doesn’t mean to totally blow off your feel good routine. For me, yoga is the perfect weekend (any day) pick me up. Reminds be stay focused and be grateful for the day I have ahead of me. Working out increases endorphins and gives you energy for your whole day! Even if you just want to spend the day reading in your pjs, get a little movement in before or after, it will keep you focused on that book
Start your weekend right and let it end right. Don’t regret the time that was wasted lounging, the workout you didn’t do, or the 3 pieces of cake you had over the weekend. As long as you do what you feel is right for your body, then no explanations needed. Monday may start a new, and maybe you can create a new salad then!
Enjoy your wonderful weekend loves!