Are you tired of this subject? To be honest, I am. I think it’s because I started late in the game, but I’m ready to for the warm weather to become consistent so all I crave is fresh vegetables and fruit! Oh, I should probably mention that it was 80 degrees two days ago, and we woke up to snow this morning. Mother nature, I am sorry for the way you have been treated, but why you gotta be so mean?
Can you tell I’m a little upset? But, I shall remain positive and say, I am more than glad to be on this mini detox now. For me, I waited until my body and finances were a little more in check. More so my body though. It was important to get rid of any monthly bloat and plan what I will be having over the next few days. The cleanse I chose? Whole food cleanse, high in raw foods.
- Finances. It was cheaper for me to eat healthy most of the time than juice. Don’t get me wrong, I did splurge on a few juices, but just a few and enough to get me through four or five days. Focusing on maybe two a day. When you sub a bunch of veggies for the usual groceries such as extra yummy sauces, dairy, and meat/fish. It can actually come out almost the same.
- Pitta Problems. During recent months, I have noticed my body becoming very overheated. It has been that way for a while now. Whenever I drink wine, eat heavy, or even eat a lot. Generally, I am a little more cold than the usual person. But simple things trigger my heating reaction, specifically on my face. Redness, to rashes, my pores become enlarged and irritated. I am using this detox as a way to see if I can cure/control this, if not inform myself more about it. I am using a high raw food diet to do that.
So let’s talk about my first day!!!
I didn’t use my own advice on a pre-cleanse diet…. A diet full of white rice and flour, fish, eggs, and dairy the weekend prior, was not a good idea. From somebody who is sensitive to those foods, I found myself less than comfortable that Monday starting my cleanse. So much so, I didn’t even want to go to yoga. I actually ate a little more so maybe the food would get things moving inside my stomach. A couple of juices, salad, and canned soup were my drugs of choice. For dranks it was a Ginger Kombucha and a lot of Eater’s Digest Tea.
*Side note* Did anyone see the lunar eclipse? My special self woke up at 3am to see that blood moon, but all I saw was a cloudy night sky. Tear. Depending on your sign it was supposed to give you a certain reading and energy. I used this rare occasion to really manifest some kind of energy. Some mantras and words to better cope with what has been going on around and inside me? I’ve been really into astrology spiritual energy, so it’s something I hope to talk more about soon!
Tuesday was a better day. I didn’t find myself as hungry. I think my body was still trying to rid and digest the other foods I have been consuming. For breakfast I had a a raw cereal with a a third of the Suja coconut milk (forgot to picture) and a small cup of green tea. Lunch was an alright salad:
- massaged kale and dandelions
- sprouts and sprouted beans
- homemade dressing (share later on if perfected!)
So I’m trying to keep this up for a few more days. If I eat out, I’ll probably go for the healthier whole foods option. With a green juice first thing in the morning for a few days, I’ll hopefully be feeling a bit better in no time!
My biggest challenge: Saturday morning if I can keep aways from Whole Foods scones and coffee ;)
Till next time!